Resources, links and tips
Use our comprehensive reception costs calculator to compare costs between different venues, BYO vs in house beverages, outsourced or in house catering, designed to help you trim that budget!
- Join a discussion forum to trade ideas with other brides-to-be (and brides-that-have-been!). They are an invaluable source of information. Check out this Facebook group for Christchurch brides.
- If youíre on a budget (who isnít?!!) and planning on DIY decorations, invest in several rolls of white frost cloth. It is dirt cheap and one roll goes really far. It looks great tied as big bows around chair backs or draped across the ceiling. For extra pizzazz, string fairy lights up above the cloth - they look just gorgeous glistening through the transparent draping.
- Advertise on student job search if you need waiters, bar tenders and other staff Ė even the wedding band or DJ! Wedding-specific musicians often charge a lot, so using this alternative could save you a lot of cash.
- Have a small piece of white chalk in your wedding day handbag. It will come in handy to cover up spots or dirt marks from the brides dress and shoes.
If you're getting married we would love to follow your journey! Follow Perfect Venue for wedding news, gossip, tips and developments (and random ramblings from the team!)
- Reception decor ideas gallery
- Advice columns
- Real weddings
- Contact us if there's anything else you would like to see!
© Perfect Planning Ltd 2008